Saturday, November 29, 2008

Disney Pixar's Wall-E Movie Review

I recently took my kids to see the Disney Pixar movie Wall-E. Not only did my kids love it, I loved it, and my mother loved it too. It appealed to three generations because it was just a great feel good movie for everyone. I swear I almost cried a couple times and no it wasn't sad, it wad just really, really sweet.

The best part about the movie though is the strong environmental theme. I have a green family and we try to maintain a green household but I try not to do too much lecturing on green issues because I don't want them to feel resentful. One way we sneak in some eco conscious thinking is by watching movies or playing with eco themes. This movie makes the eco theme very fun and enjoyable and really puts things in simple terms so kids understand the urgency.

The basic story is that Wall-E, an adorable little robot, is left on planet earth alone after humans abandoned it, when it can no longer sustain life. Wall-E collects little knick-knacks (forks and yo-yos) as mementos and spends his days compacting garbage and making skyscraper tall stacks with them. One day a spaceship drops off another robot named Eva and her directive is to find evidence that the planet can sustain life once again. In the event that she finds this evidence she must report back to the humans who are know living in space on a space cruise ship of sorts. This leads Wall-E and Eva on a wild adventure through space and beyond where they will find out that they can shape the future of the human race.

So can Eva find any evidence that earth can be inhabited again? How did it get this way in the first place? Can Wall-E and Eva bring humans back to earth and help them take care of their planet this time? I hope you'll watch the movie and find out. It is a wonderful adventure fill with love and good lesson for everyone.

Wall-E is being released just in time for Christmas Order your copy now!

Written by T. Washko - Check out the hottest Wall-E and Eva Christmas toys this year at http://www.hotwalletoys.com

No comments: